The building which is now the Tomlinson Funeral Home was originally built in the 1920's and was the First Bank of Cornwells Heights. The bank closed due to the Great Depression of 1929, and by 1933 it had become a funeral home, under Mr. Harold Heffner.
In 1945, the funeral home was purchased by J. Maurice Tomlinson. Maurice moved into the funeral home in 1946.
The Tomlinson Funeral Home was officially opened in 1946 and has been in continuous operation. Robert "Tommy" Tomlinson succeeded his father in 1975 as owner and has continued the business for over 60 years. Currently, the third generation, Kathleen Tomlinson, is attending Mercer County Community College Mortuary School to achieve her Funeral Director's license and continue the family business.
Our funeral home has always been an independent family owned funeral home, specializing in personalized care.